Interview conducted by Ana Gambetta.
Michelle is a tax supervisor at MSPC. Michelle defines success as a way of life, and to her, her friend Laura embodies that success. Laura is someone who didn’t go to college, yet had a wonderful career as an insurance company manager, has a beautiful family, a beautiful home, and truly has the work-life balance we all crave.
Although very knowledgeable in her field, if Michelle could do anything else in the world, she’d probably be a home decorator or take any other type of entrepreneurial adventure. She finds public speaking to be terrifying but is a wonderful teacher when it comes to her work. Michelle made a major choice in college which landed her in the field she is in today, it was more of a need basis rather than a choice as she was a junior in college & major was still undecided, however, if she could tell her college self-anything, it would be to choose a new field. She loves coffee and is a dog person, and relates a lot to Monica Geller from Friends.
Keep reading to find more interesting things about Michelle!
- What is the most positive experience in your current career? Relevant information appreciates being important.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? Cool minds prevail.
- What is your happy place? Park
- Who is your favorite female author, artist, chef..etc.? Sandra Bullock, Betty White and Rachel Ray.
- What is your favorite country, favorite city, & the last place you visited? Switzerland, Nashville, Aruba.
- What is the most significant career accomplishment you are most proud of? Balance of life & work.
- If you were to look at yourself 5-10 years ago, would you have envisioned your career to be what it is today? Yes working part-time, enjoying life, continue working.
- What are the most necessary skills needed to be developed to succeed in this male-oriented industry? Knowledge, confidence, respect & professionalism.
- What is the most important leadership lesson you have ever learned? Respect & patience.
- What is something someone would be surprised to learn about you? I once had a beer with Andy Garcia in the Bahamas.
- Whose shoes would you like to spend a day in? Beyonce.
- If left alone on an island, what are three things you would absolutely NEED? People, music & carbs.
- If you could make dinner for anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be? & why? My Grandfather. He was interesting and funny land I would love to meet him as an adult vs. knowing him as a kid.
- What is one piece of advice you would want to share with other women? Be yourself.
- If you could back and do it all again, would you? Yes, overall happy with the way things turned out.