Interview conducted by Ana Gambetta.
Jessica Levin is an entrepreneur who owns her own firm, Seven Degrees, LLC. For nearly a decade, she has assisted MSPC with marketing and many other wonderful events.
Jessica always knew she wanted to work in events, which unfortunately wasn’t a major during her college days so she chose hospitality, took a marketing course, changed majors, and found herself in a successful career today including being named to NJBiz Top 50 Women in Business.
She’s a coffee person and prefers cats, but if she could spend the day in someone else shoes, it would be those of her own dogs! She’s written two books, and to my surprise, she hates to write! While she has successfully been self-employed for 10 years, if she could have another career, Jessica could run for office, or be an actress.
Keep reading to find more interesting things about Jessica.
- What is your greatest fear? Snakes and heights- closely followed by spider
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? Stay laser-focused.
- What is your happy place? Home.
- What is your favorite country, favorite city, & the last place you visited? Italy, Sydney, California.
- What are the best benefits of this career in particular? No day is ever the same.
- If you could tell something to your college self, what would it be? Don’t be in such a rush to grow up.
- Is there a fictional character you identify yourself with? Olivia Pope.
- If you were to look at yourself 5-10 years ago, would you have envisioned your career to be what it is today? Maybe, I feel like I am doing what is natural.
- What is the most important leadership lesson you have ever learned? You don’t know what you don’t know.
- If left alone on an island, what are three things you would absolutely NEED? Sunscreen, freshwater, good wine.
- If you could make dinner for anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be? & why? The author, Malcolm Gladwell, author. I don’t want to cook for him just sit down and have a conversation.
- What is one piece of advice you would want to share with other women? If you really want to do it you can make it happen.
- If you could back and do it all again, would you? Probably not.