This one was fun interview. Cathy Davis is the sole female principal at MSPC and is a woman who celebrates women and isn’t afraid of it. She is, however, afraid of spiders. Cathy always knew she wanted to be an accountant, there was no question about it. Her experience has been so positive, she couldn’t think of what the best one was, but wait until you hear about her worst experience…
Early in her career as auditor, she was fed up with the job and decided she wanted more. So she took a year off and tried her luck in private accounting and she hated it. “Worst year ever.” Who would of thought?
Cathy believes a successful woman is one who finds comfort in her space, and in what she does day in and day out, whether that is being an executive or being a stay-at-home mom, that’s your success and you should own it. Keep reading to find out more fun facts about Cathy!
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? It’s okay to not know everything. Everything you need to know about a person is based on how they treat wait staff and what they do with their shopping cart.
- What is your happy place? Being at home on the couch, relaxing with her dogs.
- What is your favorite female author, artist, chef, etc.? Kristen Hanna, Philippa Gregory, Kathleen Grissom
- What is your favorite country, favorite city, & the last place you visited? USA- We don’t realize the luxuries we have, as little as they may be, until we’re in a different country and they’re not accessible, like paying for a very expensive apartment in Italy, yet realizing you still don’t have something as basic as AC. She can’t choose a favorite city, but Italy was the last place Cathy visited.
- What are the best benefits of this career in particular? Never gets boring, always something new, always a new challenge, always learning.
- Besides your current occupation, what would be your dream job? Working at a dog sanctuary.
- If you could tell something to your college self, what would it be? You don’t have to follow the same path as everyone else.
- What is the most significant career accomplishment you are most proud of? Coming back after 10 years and be where she is.
- If you were to look at yourself 5-10 years ago, would you have envisioned your career to be what it is today? 10 years ago, she was happy where she was, and that’s what she went with and it led her to being a principal at MSPC.
- What are the most necessary skills needed to be developed to succeed in this male-oriented industry?Women need the same skills, same know-how, same expertise as men: confidence, persistence, diligence, and curiosity.
- What is the most important leadership lesson you have ever learned? To be a good leader, you have to understand that your job is to create more leaders. 100% of her job is to create tomorrow’s leaders.
- What is something someone would be surprised to learn about you? Cathy is an avid shooter.
- Whose shoes would you like to spend a day in? My dog.
- If left alone on an island, what are three things you would absolutely NEED? Her dogs, a way to make fire and a way to kill spiders.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee, but just for the cream & sugar.
- If you could make dinner for anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be? & why? Her Dad who passed away eight years ago and would love to have dinner with him.
- Cat or dog? DOG!
- What is one piece of advice you would want to share with other women? Honor the gifts you bring to the table and that’s being female.
- If you could back and do it all again, would you? Yes