Click on a button below to view the job description.
Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years public accounting experience, including audit experience in closely-held companies, publicly traded companies and tax preparation. Employee Benefit Plans, Engagement and Pro System a plus. Must be proficient in Word and Excel. Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSPC s seeking a Payroll Compliance Auditor to work in the firm’s Payroll Compliance Audit department. This position involves analyzing and reviewing payroll, tax, and personnel records to determine employer compliance with collective bargaining agreements. These audits are conducted remotely as well as at the employer's facilities. Our Compliance Auditors are responsible for creating and submitting reports of audit findings to fund administrators on a variety of employee benefit plans.
· Performing audits on payroll, tax, and other personnel records to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements.
· Researching payroll records, reports, and contracts.
· Traveling to employer facilities to conduct on-site inspection of records.
· Scheduling and coordinating audit appointments with employers.
· Transferring payroll data onto worksheets.
· College degree or working towards a degree; preferably in a business-related field.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
· Detail-and numbers-oriented focus.
· Ability to work independently, as well as with others.
· Organizational skills sufficient to meet and exceed given deadlines.
· Experience with or knowledge of collective bargaining agreements and ERISA law a plus.
· Experience with or knowledge of payroll systems a plus.
· Reliable automobile needed for traveling to employer facilities.